NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Aug. 14, 2017 — PeopleNet® (www.peoplenetonline.com), a Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) Company and leading provider of fleet mobility technology, today announced several enhancements to its Video Intelligence solution, a fully-integrated platform that includes video and safety analytics to provide fleets with additional liability protection and prevention capabilities.
“One of the key strengths of Video Intelligence is that it is constantly evolving based on the feedback we receive from our customers,” said Jim Angel, Vice President of Video Intelligence Solutions for PeopleNet. “We consistently look to improve our solution to meet the wide range of safety and compliance needs of the fleets we serve.”
Over the course of the last 12 months, PeopleNet has released multiple updates aimed at improving the functionality and user experience for both drivers and back office personnel. Some of the enhancements deployed include:
- Side view cameras that offer better views of blind spots for drivers, a larger area of vision to capture video and more product durability due to being integrated as part of the spot mirrors.
- Enhanced reporting with the launch of Executive Summary Dashboards to provide a high-level overview of top Onboard Event Recording® (OER) events as well as driver coaching trends.
- Streamlined maintenance through the DVR Health tab to give back office personnel access to the current status of DVRs. Fleets are alerted in real-time of suspected problems and receive important DVR information including vehicle number, last video sent and last time online.
- Real-time visibility with the Snapshot feature to give back office users a real-time view of a camera on a particular truck. The Snapshot feature also allows installers to test camera functionality during installation, troubleshoot equipment and ensure the camera is positioned at the correct angle.
- Expanded filtering options, including the capability to filter by terminal to view videos and identify driver trends in a particular geographical region.
- Configurable posted speed warnings to determine when drivers are exceeding the posted speed limit and allow for improved coaching.
“PeopleNet Video Intelligence allows us to watch out for all drivers in our fleet,” said Curtis Carr, Vice President, Safety and Risk Management for Estes Express Lines. “Through these continued improvements to the platform, we are able to rely on cutting-edge technology that helps our drivers and back office personnel work together to make the roads safer for everyone.”
Launched in 2016, PeopleNet Video Intelligence combines forward and side-facing cameras with PeopleNet’s OER into a single, fully-integrated system. Video Intelligence is the first video system of its kind to trigger video from company-controlled settings from a truck’s OER, augmenting traditional driver and truck analytics.
Video Intelligence enhancements were announced at the 2017 in.sight user conference + expo in Nashville, jointly hosted by PeopleNet and TMW Systems.
To learn more about PeopleNet’s Video Intelligence, visit https://www.peoplenetonline.com/products/safety-compliance/video-intelligence.
PeopleNet provides solutions to help fleets improve safety and compliance and reduce costs. PeopleNet’s network communications, mobility and analytics products are used by more than 2,000 truckload, LTL, private, and energy services fleets throughout North America. PeopleNet was established in 1994 and is headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota, with an office in Ontario, Canada. PeopleNet is a Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) Company and part of its international Transportation and Logistics Division. To learn more about PeopleNet and its products, visit www.peoplenetonline.com or call (888) 346-3486.